This classic Mayhem re-issue includes a performance from the now-legendary Leipzig show in 1990, featuring the seminal Mayhem line-up of Hellhammer, Necrobutcher, Euronymous & Dead. This vinyl edition of the album is limited to 2000 numbered copies and is issued on 180gm heavyweight vinyl.
Live In Leipzig
Inspired by groups such as Venom, Slayer, Motörhead and Celtic Frost, Mayhem was founded in 1984 by guitarist/vocalist Øystein Aarseth (aka Euronymous), bass guitarist Jørn Stubberud (aka Necrobutcher), and drummer Kjetil Manheim (aka Manheim). The band name is taken from the Venom song, "Mayhem with Mercy". This lineup recorded and released the demo Pure Fucking Armageddon. After its release, Euronymous concentrated solely on guitar after recruiting first Eirik Nordheim (Messiah), then Sven Erik Kristiansen (aka Maniac) as vocalists in 1986. With Maniac, Mayhem recorded the band's first EP, Deathcrush in 1986 and 1987, and released it through Euronymous's newly formed label Posercorpse Music.
The initial 1,000 copy release of Deathcrush quickly sold out. It was later reissued in 1993 by the newly renamed Deathlike Silence Productions as a joint venture with Euronymous's Oslo specialist record shop Helvete.By mid-1988 both Manheim and Maniac had left the band.
- 31/10, Camp Ramblewood - Darlington, MD, US
- 13/11, Kägelbanan - Stockholm, Sweden
- 14/11, Kulturhuset Örebro - Örebro, Sweden
- 15/11, KB - Malmö, Sweden
- 16/11, Restaurang Trädgår'n, Göteborg - Gothenburg, Sweden
- 28/11, Studentersamfunnet Folken - Stavanger, Norway
- 30/01, DNA Lounge - San Francisco, CA, US
- 31/01, Fonda Theatre - Hollywood, CA, US
- 28/02, Olympic Park - Sydney, NSW, Australia
Presented on double gatefold 180gm vinyl, 'Mediolanum Capta Est' is set for release on May 26th and can be pre-ordered HERE. This live album was recorded at the Rainbow Club in Milan, Italy in Nove ...